The Holy Ghost Hospital church
The "holy ghost church / hospital church" in Sterzing / Vipiteno was built in 1399. In the nave are late Gothik-style frescos (1402) of the Southtyrolien painter Hans von Bruneck, which demonstrate the most important truths of the doctrine. Notable is Holy Sebastian, who was included in the prayer and finally chosen to be patron saint and got his place in the church of "Santo Spirito". The wing next to the church of "Santo Spirito" was in the past a hospital and the care applied to palmers and sick and old persons. The importance of this church can also be seen in the emblem of Vipiteno the picture under the spread eagle demonstrates a palmer on crutches with a rosary.