Tourism Association Sterzing - Pfitsch - Freienfeld
Churches, chapels, religious centres

"Kreuzkirchel" Church

Das Kreuzkirchl wurde 1692 von Peter Dellai erbaut.

Information
"Kreuzkirchel" Church
Deutschhausstraße
39049 Sterzing / Vipiteno

The Kreuzkirchl was built in 1692 by Peter Dellai. The early Baroque central-plan building housed the statue of the suffering Savior. However, the chapel could only be used for a short time. Between 1780 and 1790, like many other religious buildings, it fell victim to the reforms of Emperor Joseph II of Habsburg. After 1925, the citizens of Sterzing used the Kreuzkirchl as a mortuary chapel, and during the Second World War it was temporarily converted into a food storage depot.

Opening hours: yearlong
You might also be interested in
To overview
Pfarrkirche zum hl. Jakobus
Churches, chapels, religious centres Parrish church of St. James
closed opens at 08:00
Val di Vizze/Pfitsch
St. Johannes der Täufer Kirche in Flains
Churches, chapels, religious centres St. John the Baptist church in Flains
yearlong
Flaines/Flains
Kirche Mauls
Churches, chapels, religious centres Church of St. Oswald, Mauls / Mules
yearlong
Mules/Mauls
Stadtpfarrkirche Sterzing
Churches, chapels, religious centres The parish church Sterzing
closed opens at 09:00
39049 Sterzing / Vipiteno